When I woke the morning after the small fiasco with my brother, I knew I was in for it. I was still locked up. Hating that fact, I went into my bathroom in search of the sharpest thing I had. Just my luck, any of that had been removed from the bathroom. The next thought that came to my still-hung-over head had to do with my girl scouts things. Immediately, I was digging up my camping things and finding my old switch blade. It was still rather new, but I had used it so much for so many different things.
Once I had my blade in my palm, I used a candle to check its sharpness. Still freshly sharpened, I gently pressed the serrated side of the knife against my wrist. Adrenaline pulsed through me like nothing I had ever experienced and because of it; I felt neither remorse nor pain. Pressing ever harder and harder, slowly, blood began to ooze from my wrist.
I could smell the iron and nickel and rust and whatever else came with smelling blood. Now that I could smell it, the adrenaline sky-rocketed into a dangerous high. It smelled amazing and I wanted to smell more. Adamantly and voraciously, I slid my blade down my arm, slicing open my veins and arteries that fell under its unforgiving path.
With nothing else in mind, I quickly fell under a black sheet of unconscious dreaming. The next thing I saw was David’s blue eyes staring into my face and at my arm as he wrapped me up.
He did not understand at all how the fletching hell I could or even would do something like that. I didn’t understand how he even got into my bedroom with its being as if during a complete lock-down unless he had been hidden when they locked me in. In that case, he had seen me do this and hadn’t stopped me.
Then again, he couldn’t really see me do anything until he had gotten out of the shower that I hadn’t noticed running. He had probably just gotten out because his hair was dripping wet.
So under those new circumstances, with my love being with me, I no longer had the heart to explain what I had done. Maybe if it had been him who had locked me up, it would be different.
He saw my sudden change and decided not to ask me what I had been thinking.
“Do you know what’s going on?” I asked him.
“Not really, but I do know that you were really stupid a few minutes ago. Man- this is messy!” he exclaimed as he finished with my arm. I guess I’m lucky it wasn’t any worse that what it was.
As soon as he had me all cleaned up, he set me on the bed and cleaned the mess I had made on the floor. I couldn’t watch- and I ended up passing out.
In my dreams- I dreamed that Hal had come back to get me and that I was in danger. That I was no longer safe in Rome. Then again, I wasn’t safe with myself anywhere. The only thing that confused me about that dream was the fact that I couldn’t tell how Hal had figured out where I was and how to get to me.
In that putrid dream, my Romeo had turned violently on me. On moment he was David and the next he was Hal.
Screaming, I rolled and tossed and turned on the bed. No one came to my room to see if I was alright and I could hear Hal cackling either in my dream or on the estate.
When I woke, it was as if David was never there. He was nowhere to be seen. The only proof I had that he had been here yesterday was my bandaged arm. I saw him nowhere at all- like he didn’t exist. There was a clean bathroom where I had spilled my blood, but nothing else. I began to hyperventilate and passed out after about five minutes of pure solitude.
I slept for about two days.
“Aria!” Now there was banging on the door. My maid was trying to wake me up. Ha ha- as if that would work. After two days of sleep, I still wanted to sleep. I rolled over and closed my eyes after peaking at the alarm clock from under my blankets. Seven in the morning two days exactly after I had noticed being locked up.
She quit after five minutes but came back an hour later and rapped on my door again. Her voice was young and low as if she was a black woman from southern Africa. She had no Italian accent whatsoever.
Same thing happened when she came back; I rolled over and closed my eyes again. She came back several times throughout the day- but I answered none of them.
Finally, I was rolled off the left side of my bed. I was up and in a stance to defend myself. looking around, I saw David right there. He was sitting on the bed in front of me. My stance evaporated as I threw my arms around him and fell into his lap crying. He held onto me for a moment while I got it all out.
Then he had an idea- but he wasn’t going to tell me what it was for a good five more minutes.
A minute more, I was up and in the shower in less than thirty seconds. It felt good to be clean.
About ten minutes after he said he would tell me, I was getting out of the cool shower and drying off. I walked back through my room in a skimpy towel and dashed to my closet. Once away from other eyes, I dressed into a pair of bootie shorts and a spaghetti strap tank top that barely came to my belly ring. I changed my belly ring to one with a star.
Then I bounced out of there and turned sharply, landing on my bed. After I was on the bed, I found a small paper that had fallen out of his pocket. It said something along the lines of “flights to cancel and flights to add.” It also said something regarding me and my safety or my danger according to a young man by the name of either Max or Hal. I had no idea why the bloody hell David had this with him, but it scared me.
Now I could see the wheels turning inside his head.
“How about a small contest. Winner chooses reward and loser does exactly what the winner wants willingly, no questions or complaints.” He said brightly, knowing that I never back down to a challenge.
“Okay!” I exclaimed.
“A wrestling match. And you already said yes- no backing out now. Go until one of us needs to tap out.” his eyes laughed at me, “Ready, set; GO!” he exclaimed. I don’t know how to describe it. I was so weak that every time I got a good hold on him, he found a loophole and slipped out easy enough. Finally, he had me under his legs and in a choke-hold. I was fine, but I was sick of this game and I wanted to be done. Only problem was the fact that he hadn’t told me what he wanted if he won.
A good two more minutes and I decided to tap out.
“Wow; that was easy.” He said smugly. I would never hear the end of it. Before I could ask him what he wanted, he was kissing me. I kissed him back eagerly. I had a feeling that he was taking what he wanted and because I had agreed to comply with the winner had I lost; I had no say in this at all besides having fun.
I continued to kiss him as his hands wandered down to my waist. He then pushed me over and lied on top of me, hooking one of his legs around my own. I now knew what I had gotten myself into and there was no way to get myself out of it…
No comments:
Post a Comment